09 November 2005

The Life@Here



I remember...It wasnt long ago...I walked past that girl on the street. The fleeting glimpse we shared was enough. I realised she had something I couldnot think of; something I had dreamt of every time I slept in peace. She had a life...

I've finally boiled down to a machine. A mere block sitting in front of another machine; I cant think of the last time I looked at the moon and sang a song to myself. The last time I cried for that favourite serial replayed the nth time. The last time I had a hearty laugh not worried of who was looking at the goof.

I wanted to be her in more ways than one to think of. Wanted to stop worrying what tommorow might bring; stop thinking about what would be the appraisal of the girl in the next cubicle; not think of why my boss hated me enough to mess with my ranks; Not think of how unfair this world was. For once I wanted to be free...educated enough to realise that a lot of these trivial details wouldnt matter in the end afterall.
For a man who cannot smile with his eyes is as much a zombie, isnt he..?

No comments:

Post a Comment